I am proud of my Southern roots and want to help you find yours. I grew up in the south and understand the region. As an experienced, professional genealogist specializing in southern family history research, I can guide you with your genealogy goals and suggest avenues you may not have considered. I hold the Certified Genealogist (R) credential from the Board for Certification of Genealogists (R). While my specialty is Alabama, I also research in adjacent states. Areas of interest include:
- Alabama, especially the following counties: Madison, Marshall, Limestone, Jackson, Lawrence, Morgan, DeKalb, Etowah, Franklin, Cherokee, St. Clair, Choctaw, and Sumter
- southern and middle Tennessee
- western Georgia
- eastern Mississippi
Sometimes the stories of southerners lead me to other parts of the U.S., such as Alabama ancestors originally from the Carolinas, or southerners who chose a Texas migration. In addition to years of genealogical research, I also taught Alabama history.
I am currently taking new clients, and my office hours are Monday-Friday, 9-5 pm (Central Time). Just send me an email at email@example.com or call 256-658-1616 to inquire about rates and procedures. Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/southernfolkfinder. Please read some of my blog posts on this website. Let me find your “folk” or “your people,” as we say down South!
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- Alabama Genealogical Society (AGS)
- Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society (MTGS)
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- First Families of Alabama
- Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society (TVGS)
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- Minnesota Genealogical Society (MNGS)
- Master’s degree (M.Ed.)
- Winner of the Lackey Memorial Scholarship to attend GenFed 2016 in D.C.
- IGHR (Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research) in 2012 through 2016
- Graduate of the NGS American Genealogy Home Study Course
- Graduate of ProGen21, a professional genealogy course
- FGS 2012, Birmingham, AL
- FGS 2013 Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- APG Virtual Conference, January 2014
- APG Virtual Conference, 8-9 January 2015
- NGS Virtual Conference, 14-15 May 2015
- FGS 2017 in Pittsburgh
- APG Professional Management Conference 2017 in Washington, D.C.